Great Set of 93,
23 Years ago most us were school aged children granted admission into a GREAT SCHOOL with vast and impressive academic record, known for her excellence, reputable and a school that produced great Leaders-Governors, Ministers, and other high achieving professionals. FGCE cemented us together and molded us through our formative years. It guided us as we transitioned from school aged children to vibrant adolescents. Under the able leadership of Mr I.C.J Adigwe and S. N Abia and our great teachers, FGCE impacted us intellectually and instilled in us the proper values that formed the basic foundation of all we have become today.
Unfortunately, 23 years of neglect and underfunding by the Federal Government has brought our great Alma Mater to her present predicament of disrepair and in dire need of our help. Great Set of 93 – The Big Question is what should be done about our great Alma Mater? We have two options: 1) DO NOTHING – We may decide to just sympathize and then simply shut it out of our mind and move one with our lives …OR …. 2) ACT NOW – We may decide take the high and more noble road and refuse to let them destroy our Great Alma Mater.
As the upcoming reunion approaches, we would like to come together to participate in a huge way by being one of the sponsors of the August event. This year, many FGCE classes are putting money together as Set Sponsors and we would like to also support the effort as an event & project sponsor!! This would require each of us contributing to collectively bring us to the appropriate sponsorship level. We want to make a Statement that we are the Great Set of 93. We want to be at the forefront of bringing our Alma Mater back to its previous glory. We want to set the pace for others to follow in transforming FGCE. WE WANT OUR GREATNESS TO BE FELT.
Our class has been blessed! This year is our 23rd anniversary!! Our Alumni Movement has been instrumental in bringing us together to give back to our alma mater and the leadership of the Association has done us proud by delivering on projects to rebuild the SS3 Blocks, the School Gate and Student Bus Shelter, plus Solar street Lighting, Water Reticulation, and new housing/facelift for the School Bell.
The Association’s Sponsorship Proposal for this years event is accessible via this link. Participation in this effort is voluntary and there is no set minimum. Everyone has an opportunity to participate at any amount they deem fit. Participation is also not limited to Reunion attendees. You can give even if you can’t make it to Houston, although it will be nice for as many of us as possible to get together in Houston this August.
Great Set of 93 – how much do you think is worth giving to our great FGCE for all she has offered to us? We think it is simply unquantifiable. No amount of monitory contribution can measure to what this great school has offered us. We have decided to task ourselves a minimum of $100.00 (or its equivalent) to be contributed by every member of our set. We are also passionately pleading that if you know the good Lord has placed you in a position to give more ($200, $250, $500, $700, $1000 etc) please do not hesitate to increase your contribution
- For online payments please use paypal button to pay into the Association and get credited to Class of 1993 Collection Fund[box]
- For USA based Alumni please contact – Nnenna Njoku (240-393-9319) for check or bank deposit contribution
- For Nigeria based Alumni please contact – Edirin Alohor Hugbo (+234-802-313-4910) for bank deposit contribution
- For UK or Europe based Alumni please contact Oge Dieobi (+447958675286) for check or bank deposit contributions
- Event Site: http://houston2016.myevent.com/ or simply go to http://shegge.com
- Hotel Reservations: http://hotel.shegge.com
- For fundraising progress please visit http://shegge.com/3/donate.htm
- Organization’s financials are published monthly at https://fgcealumni.org/financials/
- Total funds collected will be presented and recognized at the Reunion as a donation from Class of 1993.
- Sponsorship benefits of level attained will also be awarded as listed in Sponsorship Proposal
- Individual donors will also be included in the 2016 FGCE Projects Donor List.
Thank you for supporting this effort. May God continue to bless our FGCE and Class of 1993 Family!